Adult Dependent and Elder Care Resources cover a wide range of needs from a young adult with special needs to an aging parent who needs extensive care.
- Back Up Care Program - offers access to back-up care when you need to be at work and your regular adult/elder care is unavailable.
- Resource and Referral Service - access to a Work-life Specialist, who can help you assess your parent/caregiving role and support you by providing a range of resources and referrals.
- NIH Voluntary Leave Bank - is like an insurance policy for your income and your stress level, in case you find yourself in an unexpected personal or family medical care situation with not enough earned leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - free confidential counseling if you are dealing with the stress of a caregiving job or caring for a loved one.
- Workforce Eligibility Matrix - a tool designed to help you identify available resources.
- Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program - an insurance program that helps pay for long term care services in a variety of settings and for your choice of caregiver.
- Aging and Adult-Dependent Care Committee (AADCC) - a group that researches, promotes and recommends effective actions to meet the aging and adult-dependent care needs of the diverse NIH workforce.